Keeping your business in the Family.
Many owner-managers of small business assume that, in due course, they will hand the business down to the next generation of their family. Surprisingly, statistics show that this happens in only a minority of cases.
That's fine if it arises from deliberate choice but, often, it happens from lack of foresight or expertise, leading to:
- Inability to manage the tensions peculiar to family-owned enterprises.
- Failure to plan for the management changes that arise on retirement of the founder.
- Failure to deal with the complex tax issues involved in succession.
The aim of our Succession Planning service is to advise on some of the factors you ought to be considering if your objective is to keep your business in the family.
At Keelings, we pride ourselves on our record in assisting and advising owner-managers, both in the general running of their businesses and in the handover to the next generation.
- Special Features of a Family Business - we discuss some of the common issues and offer solutions.
- Minimising the Taxman's Take - we outline the difficulties of understanding Inheritance tax, Capital Gains tax and tax reliefs.
- Implementing the Handover - touching on the main issues.
Keelings' experience of working with family firms is extensive. Our key message is for you to plan ahead - we shall be pleased to advise you further.
For more information, contact us.
Keelings Ltd, Broad House, 1 The Broadway, Old Hatfield, Herts. AL9 5BG.
Registered in England, Company no. 3589732, Registered address as above.
Tel. 01707 258844 Fax. 258811